ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMMES OF STORES UNIT FROM 2015 TO DATE.
It is worthy to note that Instructional materials are the panacea for effective teaching and learning process and indispensible tool in educational management and evaluations.
The SUBEB in partnership with UBEC, Abuja has tremendously strived in investing procuring, supplying and distributing educational materials to pre-primary (ECCDE), primary and junior secondary schools in Ebonyi State. It still has some educational materials in stock for distribution for 2018/2019 academic session.
MATERIALS SUPPLIED AND DISTRIBUTED WERE:
25,347 school furniture for ECCDE, Primary and JSS in Ebonyi State (2-seater Desks 2010, 2011 and 2012 UBEC Intervention Project.)
2. 247 lockers with stool and spring beds with foams for special schools.
3. 63,232 Textbooks: Basic Science, Basic Technology, Computer studies for Junior Secondary Schools.
4. 13,000 ECCDE assorted textbooks
5. 3500 Magnetic white boards with its accessories for JSS & SSS
4. 363,000 Continuous Assessment Booklets for primary and JSS
5. 28,000 School Attendance Registers for primary and JSS.
6. 4,242 Cartons of Chalk for primary & JSS III Ebonyi State.
7. 9,500 School Jerseys for primary & JSS III 2016/2017 Sch. Sports Jamborees
8. 550 Laptop Computers for all the JSS III Ebonyi State.
9. 455 Desktop Computers with UBEC E-learning facilities for E-libraries in some selected JSS Ebonyi State.
10. 56,110 assorted agricultural farm implements to some selected JSS in Ebonyi State.
11. 44,830 assorted library resource materials from UBEC intervention project Abuja for primary & JSS in the state.
12. 345,315 Curriculum with Teachers Guide to primary & JSS inclusive of scheme of work for primaries 1-3 in Ebonyi State.
13. 19,300 assorted UBEC Educational Charts for primary & JSS.
14. 175 Science & Laboratory Equipment Kits for some selected JSS.
15. 81 Solar Panels and Inverters with other accessories to selected JSS in the state.
16. 1,384 play equipment/materials for selected ECCDE schools.
17. 1,250 plastic lockers with chairs to selected primary schools in Ebonyi State.
18. 31,400 Jolly Phonics Textbooks 1 and 2 with teachers guide.
B. INSTRUCTURAL MATERIALS PROCURED IN STOCK TO BE DISTRIBUTED INCLUDE:
1. 324 vocational equipment, 2015/2016 UBEC project.
2. 365 woodwork equipment, 2015/2016 UBEC project
3. 345 metal work equipment, 2015/2016 UBEC project
4. 146 technical drawing equipment, 2015/2016 UBEC project
5. 253 automobile equipment, 2015/2016 UBEC project
6. 303 building technology equipment, 2015/2016 UBEC project
1. 49,500 pre-primary textbooks
2. 23,781 Basic computers textbooks for primary schools
3. 23,781 Basic Science & Technology textbooks for primary schools
4. 23,781 Prime Mathematics textbooks for primary schools
5. 15,854 Prime Mathematics textbooks for primary schools
6. 18,014 Social Studies for primary schools
3. 31,576 assorted library resources materials for primary schools.
Desk Officer, Stores Unit.
The Universal Basic Education (UBE) Programme is a nine (9) year basic educational programme, which was launched and executed by the government and people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to eradicate illiteracy, ignorance and poverty as well as stimulate and accelerate national development, political consciousness and national integration.